Thirty-Five Thousand Holdings (Pty) trading as 71point4 (2017/282302/07) values and respects the privacy of everyone who visits www.71point4.com and with whom we engage during the course of our legitimate business interests as a company. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We process your personal data in accordance with South African and European Union Data Protection laws, and have suitable physical, electronic, security and managerial procedures in place to safeguard your data.
Personal Data Collected
The following types of personal data is collected by 71point4:
- Personal data we receive from employees, prospective employees, subcontractors, partners and clients which could include information such as names, occupations, ages, gender and ID numbers
- Sensitive personal data collected by surveys required for certain projects. This might include: race/ ethnic background, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, sexual life, income and expenditure patterns. At the start of any survey, data subjects will be provided with information as to the reason this data is collected. They will also be required to consent to participating in the survey, and participation is always optional
- Other personal information as required to achieve the requirements of the project
- The time, date, location and topic of the project that the data subject participated in.
Note: 71point4 conducts a wide variety of projects, and the nature of the data collected will depend on the project requirements. In line with the principles of POPIA, 71point4 will always endeavour to collect the minimum amount of personal data to successfully complete any given project.
How Personal Data Is Used
Our use of your personal data will always be on a lawful basis and for our legitimate business purposes.
Personal data may be used for
- Research purposes
- Improving our products and services
- Internal monitoring and reporting
- Recruiting where you have applied for a position with us, including to contact you to discuss the role further
- Supplying our products and services to you
- Maintaining administrative and statutory records about our business with regard to SARS and any other regulatory requirements (applicable to full time staff only)
- Entering into a contract with you
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to, and in order to use it for the reason(s) it was originally collected. After this, we ensure that all personal data is deleted or securely discarded.
Ways In Which Personal Data Is Collected
71point4 collects personal data through the following methods:
- From clients we work for
- Through surveys driven and conducted by 71Point4 and its subcontractors. The surveys can be digital or face to face.
- From publicly available sources
Sharing Of Personal Data
We will never sell, share or rent your personal data without your prior consent.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
In certain cases, we may provide service providers with your personal data in order for us to properly perform our duties.
We carefully select our service providers who uphold the high data management standards that are aligned with those set out under the relevant South African Laws, with a specific emphasis on data protection and data security standards.
Where we act as an operator on behalf of a client to collect data, we may pass on your data to our client. This will be disclosed to you at the time the data is collected, and we will obtain your consent to share the data.
International Transfer of Personal Information
71Point4 is based in South Africa, but we do from time to time, conduct research on behalf of clients who are not based in South Africa.
71Point4 will not transfer personal data to any country that does not match or exceed South African data management regulations.
Period Of Data Retention
71Point4 only stores your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve our business purposes, or as stipulated by the various storage periods provided by our Associations and Law.
After the expiry of these periods, the corresponding data will be blocked or deleted as a matter of routine and in accordance with statutory regulations.
Your Rights With Regards To Your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to have access your data. You can request details about the personal data we have about you by requesting this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain conditions and exclusions apply to this right
- Should you consider your personal data to be incorrect, you may request for it to be corrected and rectified
- You have the right to have your personal data erased if the personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
- If you originally gave consent for your data to be collected and held, you can withdraw your consent
- Where lawful to do so, we may not comply with certain enquiries or requests. Examples include if we have reason to believe the request could be harmful to others, is malicious, technically impossible, or involves a disproportionate amount of effort
- Under certain circumstances, you can request the restriction or suppression of processing your personal data.
71Point4 has put in place reasonable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect. Only authorised employees have access to your data in order to perform their duties. However, despite all the reasonable measures in place to protect your data from unauthorised access (e.g. hackers), we cannot fully guarantee this, and your use of our services demonstrates your assumption of that risk.
Although reasonable steps are taken to secure data, data breaches cannot be completely ruled out. 71Point4 thus has a comprehensive “Incident Response Policy” that aims to effectively and efficiently identify, report, escalate, respond to, and evaluate any security compromises or other related incidents that occur in the organisation.
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website;
- a subscriber to our mailing list;
Data We Collect
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on registration;
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, surname, organization and role;
- contact information – such as your email address;
Communication By Email
If you provide us with your email address, we may communicate with you by email. We will not pass on your email address to any third parties without your consent.
Social Media / Third Party Plug Ins
71Point4 websites may contain links to third party websites that provide more information about 71Point4:
Third Party Website links that may be contained in our website include:
The corresponding icons associated with these social media providers work as external links, so that no information is transferred to one of these providers without clicking on one of the icons.
71Point4 does not control these websites and we are not responsible for information you post or comments you make on these sites. 71Point4 recommends that you review the privacy policies on the social media platforms you use before making remarks or observations in order to fully understand how your information will be used, what information related to you will be in the public domain, and how you can limit this.
We remind you that any comments made about 71Point4, its products or services on any online platform or community will be shared with the members of that platform or community and may furthermore be accessible by the general public. Extra care should be taken to ensure that any comments made on these platforms are not insulting, offensive or defamatory.
- improve how our website performs;
- understand who our audience is, so that we can provide content most relevant to you;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website
The types of cookies we use
We use different types of cookies on our website. These are placed on our website by third parties. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
You can see the cookies we use in the following table:
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.
|This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. You can read how to do this at https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/ .
Deleting or no longer accepting cookies will have no impact on our website performance.
How You Can Contact Us